NEET 2017 Important Dates
The schedule for NEET 2017 will be out in December 2016 and there will be a one-month window to fill the application form. The table below elucidates the tentative schedule for NEET exam.
ü NEET 2017 Application Form available First half of January 2017
ü Last Date to fill NEET 2017 Application Form Last Week of January 2017
ü Receipt of Confirmation page by CBSE (without late fee) Last week of January 2017
ü Last date to submit application form (with late fee) Last week of January 2017
ü Receipt of Confirmation page by CBSE (with late fee) First week of February 2017
ü Admit Card Release date First week of April 2017
ü NEET 2017 Exam date First week of May 2017
ü NEET 2017 Result Declaration First week of June 2017
NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying to NEET 2017, a candidate must ascertain that they fulfill the eligibility criteria required for NEET 2017. A brief overview of the eligibility criteria for NEET 2017 is given below:
1. Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
2. Age Limit: The candidate must be of minimum 17 years of age on December 2017. The maximum age limit for applying to NEET 2017 is 25 years for general category candidates. Reserved category candidates will have a relaxation of 5 years in maximum age limit.
3. Academic Eligibility: A candidate must have either passed or appearing in the 10+2 or any equivalent examination from a recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as subjects of study. The candidates must also have scored a minimum of 50% marks in HSC. For reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates, the minimum percentage required is 40%. Physically handicapped students from general category must have secured 45% marks.
NEET 2017 Registration
The NEET 2017 Registration will begin in the month of January 2017. It will be an online process and there will be no offline application forms. The application form can be accessed through the official webiste of NEET. Along with the application form, CBSE will also release an information booklet which must be consulted by the student during form filling to avoid any mistake. The basic steps involved in applying to NEET 2017 exams are given below:
1. Registration on the NEET 2017 official website by providing name, date of birth, email id, and phone number.
2. Filling details in the application form. The candidate must enter correct details so as to avoid rejection at any stage of selection.
3. Uploading images on the official website. The images required are candidate’s photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression, and self-declaration. These should be scanned and uploaded at the required stage of application process.
4. The next step is payment of application fee. Application fee could be paid either in the online mode using a valid debit/credit card or in the offline mode using e-challan generated during form filling.
5. The last step in the application form is to send the confirmation page generated after completion of application form to CBSE. Candidates whose confirmation page do not reach the CBSE office on time will not be issued admit crad for NEET 2017. The confirmation page should be sent to the below address:
The Assisstant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Center
Preet Vihar, New Delhi 110092
NEET 2017 Application Fee
The NEET 2017 application fee must be paid within 4 days of the registration. Claims for refund after submission of fee and application form will not be entertained under any circumstances. The table below gives the registration fee for various categories:
CATEGORY WITHOUT LATE FEE & WITH LATE FEE
Rs. 2800 (1400 + 1400)
Rs. 2150 (750 + 1400)
Online Mode: Candidates can pay fee through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/Paytm as online mode.
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay fee through Bank Challan
NEET 2017 Admit Card
NEET 2017 Admit Card will be issued only for those applicants who complete the application process before the last date. The candidates can download and print the NEET 2017 Admit Card in the first week of April 2017. The candidates are advised to print multiple copies of the NEET 2017 Admit Card to avoid any discrepancy later.
The steps to download the NEET 2017 Admit Card are as follows:
• Open the official website of NEET 2017.
• Click on the link to download the NEET 2017 Admit Card.
• Log in using the registration number and the date of birth mentioned during the NEET 2017
• Post login, the NEET 2017 Admit card appears on the screen.
• Download the NEET 2017 Admit Card and print two-three copies of the same.